4everAdrian - The Release

Monday, December 7, 2009

Gonna Find My Love Chapter 2 - Letting Go

[Scene changes to Momma’s house]

(Adrian and Momma are sitting around having breakfast)

Momma: Boy, I been told you but you don’t listen

**
Yeah that is momma, Angela Benson. You got to love her, she has your back through thick and thin; and there when no one else is there. She has been there for me, ever since the break up. Living this life, gosh, my world has crashed down. I mean I put so much into it, yet my love couldn’t be kept home. I was sharing what everyone else was getting. Lord save me
**

Adrian Thompson: Mom

Angela Benson: what is it boy

Adrian Thompson: can you tell me where I went wrong?

Angela Benson: Baby, you are my son and I love you with all of my heart. I know my son, you did nothing wrong.

Adrian Thompson: Mom! (Sensing she is just taking his side)

Angela Benson: If no man can’t stay with you; than he is not worth you. What the Lord gives us, it will not leave us, but what left you, it was just not meant for you.

Adrian Thompson: yeah, I just need to let it go and see what else is out there. (Deep sigh)

Angela Benson: I know what can cheer you up; let me tell you the story “when I met your father”

Adrian Thompson: mom you tell me that story every time we have breakfast together

Angela Benson: I know, maybe you can learn something from it

Adrian Thompson: like what?

(KNOCK, KNOCK on the front door)

Adrian Thompson: I will get the door

(Adrian opens the door, there is Vanessa Vinning)

Adrian Thompson: what are you doing here?

Vanessa Vinning: I have been trying to reach you. Did you get any of my calls?

Adrian Thompson: yeah I did

Vanessa Vinning: have you thought about returning them. I mean I have been worried about you since I saw you on that show

Adrian Thompson: look (getting turned off) if that is what you came here to talk about, forget it. I am in no mood or condition

Vanessa Vinning: no, (cutting in) I just came to check on you, I was just worried, that’s all

Adrian Thompson: you have always been sweet to me, thanks, but why do you do it?

Vanessa Vinning: because I…

(Vanessa is cut off by momma)

Angela Benson: baby who is at the door (sees that it’s Vanessa.) Miss Vanessa don’t you just look lovely

Vanessa Vinning: thank you momma Benson

Angela Benson: girl come on in, I don’t know why Adrian didn’t just invite you in, in the first place

Adrian Thompson: mom

Angela Benson: chile hush, there is enough for her, Vanessa come and let me make you a plate

Vanessa Vinning: Ok

(Angela guides Vanessa and Adrian back into the dining room)

Adrian Thompson: I really need to be get going

Angela Benson: boy you haven’t even touch your plate yet, sit down

(Adrian sits down)

[Scene changes to a local coffee den with open mic]

(Dials a number into his phone)

Charlie Adams: Girl where are you?

[Scene changes back to momma’s house]

Adrian Thompson: (talking on his phone) eating breakfast

(Adrian excuse himself from the table)

{Split screen conversation}

Charlie Adams: don’t tell me you at your momma house crying over that boy

Adrian Thompson: can we say that is old news

Charlie Adams: then can you tell me when you gonna get here

Adrian Thompson: I am on my way

[Scene changes back to the local coffee den]

(Charlie hangs up the phone and look around the den)

Charlie Adams: Terry over here (waving Terry towards him.) Have you seen Frank?

Frank Utter: Right behind you!

Charlie Adams: Girl don’t do that, you scared me

Terry Boldman: where is Adrian?

Charlie Adams: late as always

(All three laugh in unison)

**
Those are my brothers. Ever since I been on low terms, they are always trying to get me out and make me enjoy myself. In other words, keep my mind off of him. I am not saying I am stupid crazy over him but being in a relationship for so long, you kind of forget where to start or how to start over. That is where they come in.
**

[Scene changes back to momma’s house]

(Adrian walks back into the dining room)

Adrian Thompson: I have to go

Angela Benson: (shaking her head) Ok baby (kisses Adrian on the cheeks)

Vanessa Vinning: I should be get going myself too

Angela Benson: Vanessa, you know you are welcome here anytime.

(Vanessa looks at Adrian and smiles)

(Adrian rushes out the house)

[Scene changes to local coffee den]

Terry Boldman: looks like the kids came out to play

Frank Utter: hahaha, you are not even lying

Charlie Adams: why would those boys want y’all? Tell me that.

(Adrian enters the den and spotted his brothers in the front)

Terry Boldman: look who is finally here

Frank Utter: hi sexy

Adrian Thompson: boy stop

(Adrian joins them at the table)

Adrian Thompson: are they having an open mic today?

Terry Boldman: yep, why you got something to say?

Frank Utter: as long as it’s not about him then I will listen to everything you got to say (smiling)

Charlie Adams: (hits Frank on the arm) girl what are you doing? You know you not suppose to talk about him around her.

Adrian Thompson: (laugh) what is up with you calling everyone a girl?

Charlie Adams: everybody is a girl; I don’t have care if it’s a boy or a girl. You are a girl

Frank Utter: well then don’t call me no girl

Charlie Adams: like I said, everybody is a girl. But no one will be more of a girl then me

Terry Boldman: You can hold that, I got a dick and use it well, know that

(Everyone looking at Charlie laughing)

Announcer: I want everyone to put their hands together for a very passionate poetic, James

(Everyone inside the den starts clapping their hands, welcoming James onto the stage)

[Scene changes to the mall, Stephanie & Vanessa are walking out of a shoes store]

Stephanie Tanner: I did not like a single pair of shoes in that store

Vanessa Vinning: girl you just don’t have no taste

Stephanie Tanner: that is ok boo; I got my taste in men though

(Vanessa laugh)

Stephanie Tanner: isn’t he cute (pointing to a guy in the food court)

Vanessa Vinning: girl you need to do your men like you do your shoes

Stephanie Tanner: and what do you mean by that?

Vanessa Vinning: Simple

[Scene changes to local coffee den]

(Crowd cheers James on as he exit the stage)

Adrian Thompson: man he was good

Charlie Adams: I know, he had my blood warm in a heart beat

Terry Boldman: This is not True Blood, he don’t want it (laugh)

Frank Utter: So Adrian, are you going next

Adrian Thompson: no, no I can’t go up there? (Getting shy)

Announcer: Is there anyone else that would like to take over the mic?

(Charlie, Terry and Frank stands up, point towards Adrian)

Announcer: it seems like your crew want you up here, the mic is yours

(Adrian make his way onto the stage where the mic await him)

Adrian Thompson: Hi, I am Adrian. Lend me your ears and take a walk down this hall with me:

“As I walk down this
Lonely hall by myself
Depression covered me
Like coats of water
Holding me down so
I can’t swim above to breathe
The more I walk the lonely hall
The deeper I go in the sea
As I step through the door
God stretch out his hands
For my reach
The winds of hands
Held me, pulled me
Out of the depression sea
And set me free”

[Scene changes to mall Stephanie and Vanessa are inside the food court]

Stephanie Tanner: I am about to go give him my number

Vanessa Vinning: why? So he can do you like the rest of them

Stephanie Tanner: huh? How dare you say something like that (getting hot!)

Vanessa Vinning: you already know you like him, now make him come to you

Stephanie Tanner: ok (getting anxious)

Vanessa Vinning: that will assure that he likes you too

(A guy walks over to them)

Brian Brown: excuse me miss, how are y’all ladies doing today?

Stephanie & Vanessa: Hi!

Brian Brown: (looking at Stephanie) Can you give me a minute while I talk to your friend?

(Stephanie gives Vanessa an envy look and walks away, and Vanessa is in total shock by the hit-on)

[Scene changes to local coffee shop]

Charlie Adams: Girl that was good

(Adrian joins his brothers back at the table)

Adrian Thompson: Thank you (smiling)

Charlie Adams: if you had kept on going, I would have caught the Holy Ghost

Frank Utter: I know, I like a man who are deep on words, just my type (licking his lips)

Terry Boldman: (laugh at Frank) how many time does he have to reject you, for you to understand that he don’t want you.

Frank Utter: man whatever

(Adrian looks up at a stranger, who is looking down on him)

Stranger: Hi, I am Mario

*** I’m Gonna Find My Love… ***

No comments:

Post a Comment