4everAdrian - The Release

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Gonna Find My Love Chapter 10 - Second Chances

(Adrian turns off the shower)

(Adrian steps out the shower)

(Adrian wrap the towel around him and walk out into the living room)

Miguel Fiske: Good morning baby (looking up from the desk)

Adrian Thompson: morning

(Room phone starts to ring)

(Adrian walks over and answer it)

Front Desk Agent: Mr. Thompson will you be checking out today

Adrian Thompson: no, you can extend my stay for another week

Front Desk Agent: not a problem, I will be glad to update your folio; you can stop by the desk to renew your keys

Adrian Thompson: thank you

(Adrian hangs up)

(Miguel walks up behind Adrian and kiss him on his neck)

Adrian Thompson: boy stop, I just took a shower

Miguel Fiske: it’s just a kiss

Adrian Thompson: I know and your saliva will stick on my body and give off an odor

(Miguel roll his eyes)

Adrian Thompson: are you ok?

Miguel Fiske: the first month and half we been good but the past month and half it seems like everything is changing, what’s up with that?

Adrian Thompson: cause you been with me for the past three months, don’t you have a job to go back to?

Miguel Fiske: I am a writer, how many time do I have to tell you that?

Adrian Thompson: Yeah you told me but there got to be a day you have to report in

Miguel Fiske: no not really, I can write anywhere; all I got to do is email my work in

(Adrian walks over to the closet)

(Miguel pulls Adrian onto the bed)

Adrian Thompson: Miguel stop, I have to get ready to go into the office

Miguel Fiske: you have a hour; we can cuddle for a little bit

Adrian Thompson: I don’t feel like it

(Miguel throw his hands up)

Miguel Fiske: talk to me; what is really up?

Adrian Thompson: I don’t feel like talking about that

(Miguel roll his eyes)

Miguel Fiske: what you don’t believe anymore?

Adrian Thompson: I don’t think there’s much to believe in

Miguel Fiske: what do you mean; do I have to take you on a cruise around the world or a romance getaway to Paris?

Adrian Thompson: when you realize love is not found in material things then you will understand, how I feel

(Miguel mumble something under his breath)

Adrian Thompson: what did you say?

Miguel Fiske: that you are acting stupid

Adrian Thompson: hold up, are you calling me stupid?

Miguel Fiske: no, I’m calling the way you are acting is stupid

Adrian Thompson: really, my ways are stupid; then why don’t you pack your shit up and get out of my face. Now call that stupid

[Scene change to Terry’s Apartment]

(Jason is in the bedroom)

Jason Goodie: how am I going to tell him?

(Bruce walks into the room)

Bruce Matthews: are you ok?

(Jason jump)

Jason Goodie: yeah I am, where is Terry?

Bruce Matthews: I think I just heard him walk through the front door

Terry Boldman: where is everyone (sounding from the living room)

Bruce Matthews: we are in here

(Terry walks into the bedroom)

(Jason looks at Terry as fear covers his face)

(Bruce goes and kiss Terry)

Jason Goodie: Terry...

Terry Boldman: before you say anything; I just met up with my doctor and told him our situation, he gave me a list of medications and health tips that will help to keep us healthy and prevent it from developing into AIDs; I also added the two of you to my health care plan so we are good and covered

(Bruce exhale in relief)

Terry Boldman: Jason what were you about to say?

Jason Goodie: (backing away) nothing

Terry Boldman: everything is going to be alright (smiling)

[Scene change to Office]

Ronnie Cameron: Innovative Solution is a major distributer for the entire east coast; what areas should we focus on that will leer them back towards us

Melissa Chaney: We can focus on budget cutting and market assurance

Ronnie Cameron: Adrian already did that on his first visit here six months ago

Eric Edman: what about locations?

Melanie Flocker: what about locations (questioning Eric)

Eric Edman: the significance of us having an office close to them; which makes us reliable

Ronnie Cameron: we are dealing with a multi-million dollar company; I don’t think they will care about that

Melissa Chaney: what about cost? How much we are charging them could be a factor

(Adrian walks into the office)

Adrian Thompson: what have we came up with so far?

Ronnie Cameron: honestly nothing

Adrian Thompson: you got to be kidding me; I have a meeting this afternoon with Richardson

(Everyone looks down at their pads)

Adrian Thompson: from here on out you will follow my lead (looking at Ronnie)

(Ronnie looks away)

Adrian Thompson: Melissa, you will be responsible for finding out all the clients they have worked with in the last six months including possible clients; also see who is at the negotiating table with them. Eric, I want you to focus on the area where they are having heavy influence in markets, industries and investments. Melanie, I want you to find out their financial records; trace it back as far as you can. Do you three got that (they nod their heads) Good, meet me back here in three hours. Ronnie I want you to stay here with me.

(Eric, Melanie and Melissa leave the room)

Ronnie Cameron: don’t worry, we are going to get this deal

Adrian Thompson: Ronnie don’t turn wishy washy on me now

Ronnie Cameron: I’m not, just trying to brighten you up a little

Adrian Thompson: I don’t need that; I left everything in your hands and this is what I return too; nothing

Ronnie Cameron: If you weren’t so tied up with your boyfriend, we wouldn’t be having this discussion right now

Adrian Thompson: first off he is not my boyfriend, second I do not mix business with pleasure

(Ronnie roll his eyes)

Adrian Thompson: and for third Ronnie, I want you to start working on the power point presentation

Ronnie Cameron: We don’t have the information yet

Adrian Thompson: do the main framework of the presentation, so when they return we are only inserting data and not wasting time

Ronnie Cameron: (sigh) I am on it

Adrian Thompson: I am going to start working on the reports

(Adrian and Ronnie start working)

[Scene change to hospital]

(Charlie is sleeping on his bed)

(A noise is sounded in the room)

(Charlie open his eyes and jump)

Dealer: I see you survived; how about I unplug the machine; so when the nurse come back and check up on you, you will be long dead

(Dealer unplug the machine)

(Charlie can’t move but is panicking)

(Dealer walks out the room)

(Terry is walking towards Charlie’s room)

(Dealer and Terry walk past each other)

(Terry enters Charlie’s room)

(Terry sees Charlie panicking)

(Terry rushes to his side and follow his eyes to the outlet)

(Terry plug back in the life support machine and run out the room)

(Terry runs to the elevator but the door closes on him)

(Terry runs down the stairs and out the hospital but sees dealer’s car making a turn at the traffic light)

(Terry heads back to Charlie’s room)

[Scene change to Frank’s house]

(Knock, knock)

(Frank opens the door and see his ex)

Frank Utter: what do you want?

Jared Gordon: I miss you man

(Frank exhale)

Frank Utter: come in

(Frank and Jared walk over to the dining room table and have a seat)

(Jared and Frank just look at each other)

Jared Gordon: I know I should have called before I came over but I wasn’t sure if you were going to pick up

Frank Utter: look we gave it a chance but it didn’t work

Jared Gordon: because you were so obsessed with Adrian

Frank Utter: I knew that was why you dump me

Jared Gordon: yeah cause that’s all you will talk about and I am like hello! Do you see me? I am the one you are with

Frank Utter: who I like is who I like

Jared Gordon: but he doesn’t want you; I do!

[Scene change to Vanessa’s apartment]

Brian Brown: I never thought I would say this

Vanessa Vinning: what?

Brian Brown: ...

Vanessa Vinning: Brian what is on your mind

Brian Brown: I am very horny

Vanessa Vinning: (laughing) you don’t have anyone you can call to handle that for you

Brian Brown: why should I call anyone when I am with you

Vanessa Vinning: I’m just not going to have sex while I’m pregnant

Brian Brown: that’s ridiculous; we haven’t had sex the entire nine months we been together; we can’t even do oral sex

Vanessa Vinning: Brian no sex

(Brian looks away)

[Scene change to Frank’s house]

Frank Utter: I am a changed man

Jared Gordon: I am too, that’s why we need to give this another chance

Frank Utter: Jared my feelings for you are not the same anymore

Jared Gordon: I’m just trying to find my love

Frank Utter: and I am not

(Silence)

Frank Utter: I have to get back to my bible, thank you for stopping by

(Jared gets up to leave)

[Scene change to Adrian’s office]

(Adrian is sitting at his desk and his phone rings; so he answered)

Adrian Thompson: hello

Angela Benson: is that how you answer your mother

Adrian Thompson: good afternoon mom

Angela Benson: that’s much better

Adrian Thompson: so what’s going on?

Angela Benson: as I thought about it; I did take out money awhile back but I didn’t know it was a home equity loan. Some guy had stop by and talked me into getting some extra cash

Adrian Thompson: mom, it’s ok! I already paid it off so you don’t have any more mortgage

Angela Benson: you don’t sound so good; what’s wrong

Adrian Thompson: cause I have a lot going on; trying to make back my money that I’ve recently paid out and some guy is trying to hold me down

Angela Benson: another one? I don’t know why don’t you just settle for one of them and move on from CJ; what is this guy’s name?

Adrian Thompson: Miguel... Miguel Fiske...

Angela Benson: that name sounds familiar

(Eric, Melissa and Melanie walk into the office)

Adrian Thompson: mom I have to go; I have business to take care of; I will call you later

(Adrian walks out of his office)

Adrian Thompson: I want you three to report to Ronnie immediately

[Scene change to street]

(Phone ring; unknown number)

Ryan Brown: hello

Stranger: Ryan

Ryan Brown: who is this?

Stranger: don’t worry about that

Ryan Brown: don’t be calling my phone unless you are going to tell me who this is

Stranger: I am just letting you know that Markel is on his way to you with some news

Ryan Brown: I don’t know who the fuck this is but don’t ever call my phone again

Stranger: bitch you can’t do nothing to me

Ryan Brown: then show your face cause I will fuck you up

Stranger: I could be looking at you right now and you don’t even know it

(Ryan looks around him)

Stranger: don’t you look stupid now

(Click)

[Scene change to Shawn’s office]

(Adrian is presenting to Shawn)

(Shawn yawns)

(Adrian stop his presentation and look at Shawn)

Shawn Richardson: Adrian... you are boring me

(Adrian heads fall back and he curls a fist)

(Adrian walks out the office)

[Scene change to hospital]

(Terry walks back into Charlie’s room)

Dr. Troy Cochan: he’s heavily under medication and steroids; so he might be sleeping for awhile; I’ll leave him to you now

(Troy leaves the room)

(Terry walks up to Charlie’s bedside and sits in the chair)

[Scene change to Frank’s house]

(Knock, knock)

(Frank opens the door and see Bill)

Frank Utter: I’ve been expecting you; please come in

Bill McGraph: No, I better not; I’m going to keep it short

(Frank look at Bill)

Bill McGraph: Frank I want you to be more involved in our church

Frank Utter: but

Bill McGraph: nothing. This is a new age in our society when young men like yourself are finding themselves. I look to you as a hero

(Frank is puzzled)

Bill McGraph: at my old age; even when I was younger, I could never do what you are doing now and I admire that about you

Frank Utter: are you saying that you are...

Bill McGraph: Yes! I’ve always been

[Scene change to hospital]

(Charlie wakes up)

Charlie Adams: Terry... (sounding weak)

(Terry looks up at Charlie)

Terry Boldman: how are you feeling?

Charlie Adams: thank you

Terry Boldman: Charlie man you are scaring the shit out of me; I don’t like the people you are associating yourself with

Charlie Adams: thank you Terry!

Terry Boldman: I’m getting you help

Charlie Adams: I need it... I’m sorry

Terry Boldman: I’m sorry too; you are my cousin and I’ll always love you man but who was that guy?

[Scene change to hotel]

(Adrian inserts his room key card)

Miguel Fiske: Adrian!

Adrian Thompson: I thought I told you to go home

Miguel Fiske: I will leave but hear me out first

Adrian Thompson: what is there to say, I got nothing to listen too

Miguel Fiske: you don’t understand how much you need me in your life; I can fix all your problems

Adrian Thompson: do you hear yourself and you want me to listen to this nonsense

(Adrian goes to open the door; Miguel grab his arm)

Adrian Thompson: get your hands off of me

(Adrian stares hard at Miguel)

Miguel Fiske: I just want to be your man

Adrian Thompson: the last thing on my mind right now is a relationship. I got to get my life back together

Miguel Fiske: how did we get like this

Adrian Thompson: cause I need my space to think

(Miguel starts backing away)

Miguel Fiske: space is what you want

(Adrian just stands there looking at Miguel)

Miguel Fiske: space you will get

(Adrian walks into his room and close the door)

(Miguel turn around and start walking down the hall)

(Miguel makes a phone call)

Shawn Richardson: Miguel how are you?

Miguel Fiske: not well

Shawn Richardson: why not?

Miguel Fiske: sign the deal with Adrian

Shawn Richardson: are you sure?

Miguel Fiske: Yes

[Zoom into Adrian’s room]

(Ring)

Adrian Thompson: hello

Shawn Richardson: it’s me Shawn, I will do business with you

Adrian Thompson: huh?

Shawn Richardson: do you have the contract ready for me to sign?

Adrian Thompson: yes, I am on my way

(Adrian is smiling)

(Adrian check out the hotel and rushes over to Shawn’s office)

[Scene change to airplane]

**
I was just about to give up; seriously because everything that I was delivering to Shawn, it was never enough. I do not know what made him change his mind and call me but now I know my finances are green again; I will no longer need to worry for now. Miguel, CJ, Love and Vanessa: am I the one for all of this? At times I want to be there and at times I want to be away. I know I am not giving everyone time with me because I’m in need of something. What is it? Could it be comfort because I am alone. I don’t know why I pushed Miguel away; he has only been there and good to me the entire time; but something about him I can’t trust and I can’t lay my fingers on it yet. My son could be born any moment now and I know when he is; it’s going to change everything in my life. I am ready for it; I have to do something nice for Vanessa to show her more attention because technically I haven’t really been there and still haven’t read the babies book. Sigh, I really want to see CJ; I wonder what he is up too; but as far as love is looking, I am going to take a break from looking. Right now it’s time to celebrate; you can’t do all work and no play.
**

[Scene change to yacht]

Charles McKinley: I knew you could pull it off

Kevin Zacland: how did you do it?

(Adrian snug his shoulders)

Kelly VanDaneil: you know he is not going to tell us his secret

(Everyone laugh)

(Adrian looks Kevin in the eyes)

Charles McKinley: toast time for good times

(Kevin smiles)

Kelly VanDaneil: for another successful year; not only being in Fortune top fifty companies in the world but doubling last year margins

(Kevin leans into Adrian’s ears)

Kevin Zacland: I see you know how to hustle

(Adrian laugh)

Adrian Thompson: and you don’t; weren’t you by my side the whole time

Kevin Zacland: I like that

Charles McKinley: I don’t know about everyone but I’m drinking until I drop

(Everyone laugh again)

(Adrian looks at his phone and see a missed call from CJ and txt from Miguel)

Text: Congratulation!

** “I’m Gonna Find My Love...” **

1 comment:

  1. What an intriguing set of characters. I can wait to see how it all shakes out.

    ReplyDelete