4everAdrian - The Release

Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Abandoned Star Chapter 6 - Free To Sing

I exhaled. Today is my father’s funeral and it has not hit me that he really is gone because in the back of my head I can still hear his voice. I rolled over on my bed and looked at the new suit that my mother has brought for me. Since that night, everybody in this house has been real quite and lost of words. For the first time in a long time the house is very quite. I have seen my mom cry about the lost but I think in the long run it will be better for her because she will no longer need to worry about my father abusing her. And now for the first time I can have her full support on my dreams and we no longer have to try and hide it from my father. I don’t know how Miguel feels about this because he was really close with dad. I tried to bring it up to him but he just gets up and walks away from me. I know he must really be hurt but he won’t let me talk to him. To be honest with you, I really don’t want to go to the funeral but I am being forced to. Everyone sat down in their chair as me, my mom and brother sat in the front row. “Family, brothers and sisters; we have lost a man but gained an angel; Matthew Burneaster was a good man and a great father to his family; he has brought two handsome looking sons into this world and showed them what it is to be a man and now, Miguel and Moe, it is now up to you to continue on that path; your father has set you on to be there and provide for your mother. Angela, I know this must be hard for you but you know that you have the church behind you; and we are here to support you through your difficulties because we know when times can get hard. Your husband is now smiling down on you and your family,” the pastor said as he began to sang, “I’m gonna fly away home, I’m gonna fly away home; home to the Father; the maker of heaven and earth; I’m gonna fly; I’m gonna fly; I’m gonna fly away home; I’m gonna fly away home.” My mother starts to sob into handkerchief. One of the ladies from the church placed their hands on my mother back, as I looked on. Miguel is trying really hard to hold back is tears and not to cry in front of everyone. My mother stood up, turned around and faced everyone. “You all know I have been a good woman to that man, I have bend corners until they couldn’t be bend anymore. I have given up my own dreams and my own visions to be with this man because I have loved him and till this day I do. This was not something I was expecting but I know the Lord; will not allow me to go through anything that I, myself could not make it to the end.” My mother starts brawling and it hurts to see my mom cry, I looked over at my brother as tears were rolling down his face. The pastor looked at me and said, “Young man, do you have anything to say?” I looked into the coffin and saw my father. I smiled.

“The Abandon Star
Is Free
I can sing
Is Free
No longer
Abandon Star”

No comments:

Post a Comment