4everAdrian - The Release

Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Abandoned Star Chapter 5 - Killing Dad

“Baby I am so proud of you,” my mom said as tears of excitement rolled her face. I walked up to her and hugged her because I knew I did my best even though I did not win. To me, it’s not about winning; it’s about getting people to hear my voice and letting them know that I have one. Some people came up to me asking me for my autograph but I am not a star yet. Wouldn’t you want to wait until I become one before you ask for it? I signed for them anyway because it feels good to know that people see you so great that they would like for you to give them your autograph. During the entire ride home, my mom couldn’t stop telling me how good I sound and how impressed she was with me. As we were turning into the driveway, my father was standing there. I quickly hopped out the car and went inside because I did not want him to ruin my evening. My parents stayed outside for some time before my father jumped into the car and drove off. “What are you smiling about,” Miguel asked me. “I just sang at the Apollo,” “why didn’t you tell me, I would have gone,” Miguel asked again. I don’t know why I didn’t tell him but maybe next time he can be there along with mom the next time I take center stage. I am just so excited right now. “Oh yeah, Rebecca called for you earlier,” my brother told me. Rebecca is my girlfriend; we have been seeing each other for about three months now and I really like her. She is a fun person to be around. So I headed over to her house and she opens the door. We sat down on her porch and talked for awhile then took a walk down the street. We saw Kevin and his girlfriend, Melissa, so we all decided to walk to Friendly’s and get ice cream. As we were walking back a car approached us going in the opposite direction. My father stuck his head out the window screaming, “MOE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING OUT THIS LATE! WAIT UNTIL I GET HOME; YOU ARE GOING TO GET IT!” We all turned around as the car passed us, it seems like my father was trying to turn the car around but lost control. The car flipped over three times and slide into the light post. Flames were starting to build up. My father screamed out for help, “Moe! Come and help me.” It was either him; or my dreams, so I turned and walk the other way.

“Abandon Star
Someone placed the keys in my hand
Someone left the gate open for me
Someone uplifted the burden
Now can I be free
That Abandoned Star”

No comments:

Post a Comment